Download the file to the full article by clicking the link at the end of the text below.
The Rural Environmental Registry (CAR) is a mechanism created by the new Forest Code (Law 12,651 / 12) approved in 2012 that works as a mandatory electronic registration for all farms, regardless of size, with the aim to integrate all environmental information property as Permanent Preservation Areas (APP) Legal Reserve, forests and remnants of native vegetation, areas of restricted use and consolidated areas of rural properties across the country.
Enrollment in the CAR should be made by internet autodeclaratória way. Being compared to the income tax return, it is made by the competent state environmental agency that provides system on the Internet where it should be made the inscription and its consultation and monitoring of the environmental compliance process. The states that do not have their own system should use the federal CAR system.
The owner must also pay attention to making changes in the registration whenever there are changes in ownership, and the CAR the new channel to communicate quickly and conveniently with the environmental body shape.
Importantly, the CAR is the first step in the environmental regulation of property and ensure compliance to the new Forest Code. In the case of offenses committed before 22/07/2008 will be suspended punishment since the property formalize its accession to the Environmental Adjustment Program (PRA) signed statement of commitment – this is only possible with the property already registered in the CAR. After the fulfillment of the obligations entered into in the PRA, the fines resulting from offenses committed before 22/07/2008 will be converted into benefits for the environment.
What should the CAR?
Information for CAR filling are of the owner with the property evidence and / or possession and a map / land use plan on the property with its perimeter / foreign exchange and all the property information as remnants of native vegetation, APP? S , areas of restricted use, consolidated areas, legal reserve and other information of which in developing this map should be used for different years of satellite images to prove the property’s history.
The non-registration of the property in the CAR may imply impediment to the sale, transfer, donation, dismembering and unification of the rural property, as well as restricting access to bank financing, among other sanções.A from 07/22/2017 (5 years after the publication of the law), financial institutions can not provide agricultural credit to property that are not registered in the CAR.
What are the benefits?
In addition to enabling the environmental and economic planning of the use and occupation of the rural property, registration in the CAR, accompanied by environmental regulation compromise when necessary, is a prerequisite for access issue of Environmental Reserve Quotas and the benefits provided Environmental Adjustment Programs (PRA) and Supporting and Encouraging the Preservation and Restoration of the Environment, both defined by the new Forest Code. Among the benefits of these programs can be mentioned:
– Possibility of regulation of APP and / or Legal Reserve natural vegetation removed or altered until 22/07/2008 rural property without assessment for administrative violation or environmental crime;
– Suspension of sanctions against administrative violations for illegal removal of vegetation in areas of APP, legal reserve and restricted committed to 22/07/2008;
– Possibility of statement of APP in the calculation of the legal reserve;
– Agricultural Getting credit in all its forms, with lower interest rates and higher limits and deadlines that charged in the market;
– Hiring of agricultural insurance in better conditions than those prevailing on the market;
– Deduction of Permanent Preservation Areas, Legal Reserve and restricted use tax calculation base on Territorial Rural Property-ITR, generating tax credits;
– Financing lines meet voluntary conservation initiatives of native vegetation, protection of species of native flora threatened with extinction, forest management and sustainable agroforestry conducted in rural property or possession or reclamation;
– Tax exemption for the main inputs and equipment such as: wire, treated wooden poles, pumps d water, auger soil drilling, among others used for the recovery and maintenance processes of Permanent Preservation Areas? Legal Reserve and restricted use.
Faced with this challenge, the Camda and Geoflorestas unite to bring to the cooperative and farmers the best solution on the market to meet the demand of CAR. More information at one of our branches or through Geoflorestas with Emerson Coutinho and Leandro Aranha by phone (11) 3571.0452.
Read more at: http://www.camda.com.br/site/images/informativo/1408733627Setembro_Web_2014%20(1)%20(1).pdf